Safety is everyone’s responsibility – if you see something unsafe, it is your responsibility as a Maker to step in.
- If ANY powered equipment is running, safety glasses and closed toed shoes must be worn on the far side of the black/yellow safety line.
- Before operating ANY piece of equipment, review the hazard sheet for risks and required PPE (personal protective equipment) for that piece of equipment.
- While operating powered tools or equipment: hair must be pulled back, no loose clothing can be worn, no other “danglies” may be worn, and closed toed shoes must be worn.
- While operating rotating machinery (drill press, mill, lathe), no thick gloves may be worn.
Fire safety training
- The laser cutter may only be used when someone that has had fire extinguisher training is present in the Makerspace.
Fire extinguisher training must be done annually per OSHA…