Despite a slowdown in construction due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Concord Middle School project has continued as the Concord Select Board was given an update from Superintendent Laurie Hunter and the Concord Middle School Building Committee on April 5.
- Town Meeting voters agreed in April 2019 to appropriate up to $1.5 million for a feasibility study toward the construction of a new middle school at the existing Sanborn site.
- Concord held a special town election in June 2019 to fund the study, which passed overwhelmingly 1,312-200.
- In November 2019, the Middle School Building Committee chose SMAA of Boston.
- The recommended square footage of the new middle school is 125,000.
- The estimated cost was in the $90+ million range, but in February the Middle School…